Sieg Kx3

pugslyyy

Registered
Registered
Just wanted to say hello as a new member. I have a Sieg KX3 that I got several years ago. It was built up by JLW and includes Tormach-style quick change toolholders. I'm running Mach 3 with a touch screen mounted.

HU1Fj6qh.jpg

The shower curtain surround is functional but a bit lacking in aesthetics. I'm currently working on a more finished looking enclosure for it.

Nice set up Pugslyyy, and welcome to the forum!

Very nice!

-brino

Thanks - it is what I would consider to be "typical" of a Chinese build - good bones but rough around the edges. Lots of sand inside, the limit switches were extremely conservative (and not actually functional), there was insufficient ventilation in the electrical cabinet, etc, etc. There were a couple of bad resistors on the main control board - but thankfully discrete/through hole components so easy to replace once I figured out what was going on. I think I had it for 2-3 months before I cut anything with it.

That said, I have it dialed in now and have been very happy with it. I think that you just have to go into purchases like these with eyes wide open and expect to do quite a lot of work as part of the commissioning process once you get it.

... it is what I would consider to be "typical" of a Chinese build - good bones but rough around the edges.

True for most things Asian on the market nowadays. Still, if it does what you need it to do now that you have it sorted then that's great. I don't do CNC and probably never will at my age but I do admire a nice set up and yours is one of them. Enjoy your new hobby!

Back