Sieg c4 lathe

colbra

Registered
Registered
Hi this is myfirst post so I’ll say goodday all
I know little about machining, I have just bought a small lathe it’s a Siegc4 I was wondering if there are many folks on the forum with one and could I get some feedback on the machine I have a few small project in mind it’s all a new journey for me I have worked a lot in wood and build mainly scratch built models. and toys for my Grandsons 3&5 yrs

I am hoping to use this forum to build up myskill level and confidence and in general enjoy the journey
col:)

Ps I am in Australia are there any Aussies here

Last edited:
Hi colbra

Welcome to H-M. There's quite a few of us Aussies on here.

My father-in-law a retired machinist has one of the small Sieg lathes and has made some pretty cool stuff with it.:)

Hi colbra

Welcome to H-M. There's quite a few of us Aussies on here.

My father-in-law a retired machinist has one of the small Sieg lathes and has made some pretty cool stuff with it.:)

Thanks for the reply HQ great to be onboard Col:)

Wencome Col.
I know you will be right at home on this site.

There are no dumb questions here, just a bunch of guys all puling together to make this a nice place to discuss making chips.

Your lathe is one of a group of lathes 7x10--7x12 --7x14. so if you see anything in this area, it applys to your lathe

There are many 7x? owners in this forum and a lot of experenced profesionals .

I have a Chester Conquest 7x12. so welcome from the small end of the shop .

If you want help and you feel you just cant post it. feel free to send me a PM

BRIAN.

Hi Colbra,

I too am an Aussie (Qld), am new to this forum, as well as a C4 owner.

The C4 seems to be doing what I want it to do most of the,time, but there are a few things about it that I changed pretty much straight away-

A2z Quick change toolpost. It's a bit small actually, so I am saving up for an Aloris.

The tailstock is really weak, with no repeat whatsoever; drives me nuts. I have made a mod just recently that might tighten it up a bit, not sure if it will work. Until I sort this out, between centers turning is a non starter.

Carriage Lock is a faulty design, and could not possibly work the way it has been built, I made a quick mod that seems to have sorted it out.

Otherwise, I really like the power cross feed, variable speed, and overall size. It's not super straight, but for the price it does what I want.

Cheers,

Chris.

Last edited:
Back