Show Us Your Welding Projects!

This is a small pipeliner grill that I've been working on over the last few weeks as time allows.

I still have some work left on both the outside and inside. I'm not sure on the base just yet. I wanted a low profile unit, tried several base designs, but I kind of like the disc blade!

Anyway here are some poor quality pics of where I'm at right now.

Custom charcoal grill 010.jpg Custom charcoal grill 013.jpg Custom charcoal grill 012.jpg Custom charcoal grill 037.jpg Custom charcoal grill.jpg

Nice, very nice, love the "TEXAS" detailing. If I was somewhat closer I would bring some bison steaks and a couple of cold ones to break it in. :applause:

Nice looking grille David. Beautiful work.

Mike.

Thanks Mike! For some reason I like to complicate things!

- - - Updated - - -

I like the disc base. Is that 12" o.d.
Jake Parker

The pipe is 16" 1/4 wall Jake. I found it at local scrap yard and was cheap enough that I could not pass up.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, very nice, love the "TEXAS" detailing. If I was somewhat closer I would bring some bison steaks and a couple of cold ones to break it in. :applause:

Thank you Just Startin! Just let us know when you can get here and we will throw something on the grill for you! It's more work to do the Texas detail but sorta makes the projects unique.

A couple of weeks ago a client of mine went of vacation to the Oregon coast. While on vacation he had a right rear shock mount break off and he found a local shop that said they could repair it for him. The took an old U-bolt and half-ass welded it to the axle. It didn't even make it the rest of the trip before it broke off as well.

He brought it to me Saturday morning and I fabricated a new shock mount using the left side OEM as a template. First I made certain that there was nothing wrong with the shock which was causing the breakage. Shock looked to be in good condition as it was new about a month ago when he installed the 2" lift kit on his 2001 Jeep XJ.

This was the high quality weld on the U-bolt shock mount.
10frojp.jpg

Removed the piled on weld and remaining part of the U-bolt before using a flap disk to prep for the new bracket.
23mtrgg.jpg

Cardboard template transferred to the .1875" P&O plate.
mkvwqs.jpg

Two vertical pieces welded on.
svgvm9.jpg

Cap plate with the new shock mount welded on.
106mqld.jpg

Here is the finished mount before paint and reinstallation of the shock.
2nv445k.jpg

Well here is the entry way I welded for my house. The gate and 4 panels. There is also a walk-in gate but I don't seem to have a picture with it there. Also welded the 2200ft of pipe fence.

Rick

Front Entry 1 (Medium).JPG

Fencing wire installed 3 (Medium).JPG

Front Entry 1 (Medium).JPG Fencing wire installed 3 (Medium).JPG

Well here is the entry way I welded for my house. The gate and 4 panels. There is also a walk-in gate but I don't seem to have a picture with it there. Also welded the 2200ft of pipe fence.

Rick

Looking good Rick. It turned out realllllllly NICE! Now can we get you to add some detail shots of the gate and panels? We need to judge your skill, now that we can see that you can design. Thanks for the post.

Rick, you gate seems pretty large! (other than nice, of course!)
How do you prevent it from bending?
The usual wheel at the end or something more sophisticate?

Back