Show Us The Worst Packaging For Tools You Have Found

T

TOOLMASTER

Forum Guest
Register Today
I just bought these ...what a disaster..it says cut the tabs and turn 1/4 to release....as if getting a cutter in there wasn't bad enough, you need vise grips to turn it...then a screw driver to pry the socket off... what a pile of %$$#$^%&$%^$&^%$&^%

IMG_9194.JPG

Between the medicine bottles , the lids on food and the stuff that they do to the everyday things we use it is getting to be a pain.

HF socket size adapter set. I had to clamp the adapters in the vise and yank the plastic holder off. Everything cheap from HF has a lifetime guarantee, so I keep the packaging. Automatic center punch, socket adapters, even my dental pick sets all have warranties.

emergency depts all over the western world are filled with people who have injured themselves trying to open modern packaging.
"Wrap Rage" the term used to describe the blinding fury that results from a person’s inability to open blister packaging.

I bought a Crescent 1-1/2" socket a week ago. I was out by my vehicle, installing a trailer ball and had no cutting tools available. Not wanting to make the trip back to my tool box, I fumbled around with the locking tab, finally managing to break the tab by jamming a screwdriver in and prying. It took longer to remiove the socket from the packaging than to use it.

Sealed blister packs, I use a sheet metal shear to cut the end. no cuts to the fingers from trying to open them.

Band Aids, I just rip the packaging down the side and open it like a pea pod. My fat fingers can't find those little flaps where you're supposed to open the packaging.

Back