Show Off You Ars

So far I have built 8 I have a 16"Blackout,&.62X39 and a 5.56 and 3 18" a 5.56 2 7.62X39 one with night vision.and a 5.56, I have 2 pistols 1 in 5.56 and the other on in 7.62X39. I'm working on a 9MM don't know what will be next. I have bump stocks on a 5.56 and a 7.62X39. you can check out the 7.62 here

https://youtu.be/_3BMmGOYWucP5070001.JPG

So far I have built 8 I have a 16"Blackout,&.62X39 and a 5.56 and 3 18" a 5.56 2 7.62X39 one with night vision.and a 5.56, I have 2 pistols 1 in 5.56 and the other on in 7.62X39. I'm working on a 9MM don't know what will be next. I have bump stocks on a 5.56 and a 7.62X39. you can check out the 7.62 here

https://youtu.be/_3BMmGOYWucView attachment 233053
Old iron , I also have some in the works , anything different in the 300 or 762-39 , compared to the 556? Magazines , port size or adjustable. Hey I love the little m1 sneaking in the picture, my favorite over the machine pistola German mp 40 . Someday I'd like an m2 but can only hope.
Do you build with standard parts or fancy coated boron or whatever.
I figure if standard as lasted forever why pay more, not building a race gun or match.
Just watched full auto did you mean that or failed selector.

Old iron , I also have some in the works , anything different in the 300 or 762-39 , compared to the 556? Magazines , port size or adjustable. Hey I love the little m1 sneaking in the picture, my favorite over the machine pistola German mp 40 . Someday I'd like an m2 but can only hope.
Do you build with standard parts or fancy coated boron or whatever.
I figure if standard as lasted forever why pay more, not building a race gun or match.
Just watched full auto did you mean that or failed selector.
Only defferent thing is more power. All mine are build with standard parts, I machined 80% lowers so know numbers. Know every thing worked fine, I'm a pretty good size guy and you see how far 20 rounds can push me back. Ill be putting one up with the 5.56 soon.

The short M1 has a folding stock, I got the receiver at a gun show and got all the parts I needed and built it. Had to blacken the barrel to match the receiver that was about 3 years ago and I haven't even fired it yet. I did hcheck the head spacing on it and ie was ok so I think it will be ok.P5080001.JPG P5080002.JPG

Yea me too 6'4" and 300 lbs , used to be over 4 lost a ton after the embolism. Still am my m1 is original gm Manu. Most are all mixed parts anyway , if they were all stamped with serial nos on the parts then they can be called by manufacturers. But I've been hunting and shooting my entire life. In 2004 I made the All American Team in trap shooting. At that time I was sixth in the world in a wheelchair. I put lots of time and money in reloading and shoots. From 1988 to 2006 I shot at least 35,000 rounds of 12 gauge per year, 5 times to the grand American in Ohio and won events three years there. 16 yard and handicap wins there are tuff believe me. But I have reloaded 44, mag ,45 acp ,45 long colt, 38 , 357, 30-30, 30,06, 308, 45/70, 270, @ plus I have a bunch of old Lyman dies and hand loader for obsolete rounds. Half a dozen presses plus all gauges of shotgun , use to shoot skeet too.
Now I'm waiting to get spinal surgery , see the surgeon in July . They take forever to get appointments. I have a colt heavy by my bed , 25 under my pillow , 9 mm in closet by my head , and snubby 38 on side. Think I'm covered for breakins. Don't you , the safes to hard to get to in bed.

This one's not mine. My son built it the summer after he graduated from high school a couple of years ago. Upper is a blem from Aero Precision, lower is an Anderson. Faxon barrel, Troy handguard,
Magpul furniture. 16" barrel with mid-length gas. Since the photo was taken he's added a few more Magpul bits and a Vortex red dot, and we changed the buffer to an H2 which makes it a
much nicer shooting rifle. His budget was tight at the time, but he did a great job and the rifle runs perfectly and shoots accurately. Makes me want to build one...

DSCF7010.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting it up. It's a really nice looking build. What is the buffer you mentioned? I'm not familiar. And how does he like the Vortex? I've not tried them but I did see one of their scopes go bad at the range. Crosshairs turned about 45 degrees for some reason.

And now 'Dad' has to build one to show off. :)

Thanks Rick. My son needs to take the credit, since he decided which parts to buy. The H2 buffer is slightly heavier than the carbine buffer he started with. The rifle seemed a little over-gassed
to me, so I bought him one for Christmas as an experiment. The heavier buffer slows the bolt carrier a bit, resulting in a softer shooting rifle. It's easier on the components as well. He likes the
Vortex quite a bit. He researched it and it seems that that's a pretty good red dot for the price, and it holds zero just fine. My impression of Vortex generally is they build a pretty good scope,
and I understand they have a very good warranty policy if they do go wrong.

I'm thinking about a build, but for now it has to wait. I'm working on another project which needs to be wrapped up before I can tackle an AR. 'Course I could just buy the parts one at a time
as they come up for sale. Hmmmm, thinking, thinking...

Duh! "H2"... IDK why I didn't catch that reference. Thanks for straightening me out on it.

Looking forward to seeing what you put together.

Last edited:
Actually I figured out it was an H buffer, not an H2. No matter, same result.

Back