Show Off You Ars

I had a Noveske, just recently sold it. I am in the process of building a precision AR for under 1000$. I foresee this rifle being a 1/2" MOA or better rifle. As of this moment I only have the receiver set and lower parts kit put together.
Parts list will be as follows:
Aero matched upper/lower: 120$ shipped
Joeboboutfitter LPK: $37 shipped (no trigger)
Luth-AR stock: ~$150
Buffer/Buffer tube/Spring: $30
Jard 2 1/2 lb trigger (might go with SSA-E): $165
Undecided on BCG: $100
Rifle length gas tube: 10$
15" Rail: $60-150
Specialized Dynamics 18" barrel and headspaced bolt- $300 shipped

Already have end plate, gas block, and muzzle brake for suppressor that will go on it. Also have a Gen 2 Razor 4.5-27 will sit on top of it.

Just finished this one for my son. Built specifically for predators/prairie dogs. Fluted stainless barrel in Wylde chambering, Luth MBA-3 buttstock, DPMS vented forearm, and a few tricks. We roll our own loads . . . and they do very well.
Matt's 15.jpg
Tom

I've taken one of the AR10 kits and extended the mag well to take Bren mags for 06 and mag legth cartridges. It's still in the very early build and experimental stages. It's very doable if you want a 12 to 15 lb. rifle.

My AR-10 above is already over 12 lbs. so a couple more pounds won't be that noticeable to me. :)

My AR-10 above is already over 12 lbs. so a couple more pounds won't be that noticeable to me. :)

The only difference besides a little longer mag well is these lowers are all steel. Should make for a hefty rifle.

Tom, your son is a lucky guy. That's a sweet set up. Any targets to brag on?

The only difference besides a little longer mag well is these lowers are all steel. Should make for a hefty rifle.

Tom, your son is a lucky guy. That's a sweet set up. Any targets to brag on?

Thanks Rick. No pics (so it didn't happen, lol), but we can count on 5 rounds fired semi auto at 100 yards from the bench, at around 0.4" center to center. The old man's AR (mine) does a bit better. If I weigh each load component and there's not much wind, I can do even better, but that wind condition doesn't happen often in Iowa. I just tell people that any coyote within 300-400 yards is a dead coyote. Part of the solution is that I use all Lake City brass, fire form, full length size, ream primer pockets, Remington BR primers and always use a specific weight of Varget with a 50 grain Nosler ballistic tip. Consistency pays. It took a long time and many trials to find the sweet spot, but I am very happy. Now we are thinking hard about thermal imaging $copes for some night time coyote fun.

Ow.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. I've always said accuracy is easy. All you have to do is get everything to do exactly the same every shot. See how easy it is? :grin big:

And here's the old man's rifle based on an Armalite lower. 20 inch HBAR chambered Wylde, low pro gas block, DPMS freefloat forearm, custom sling, trigger work, Luth MBA-1 buttstock, and topped with a Simmons 2.8-10x44 scope on an Armalite one piece mount. It's an old scope, but one of the few I've owned that would reliably dial around a 5 diamond target and return precisely to zero. Just a sweet old rifle that got a few updated parts this week.
AR-15.jpg

Hey Ron how do you like the FTS magnifier? I've got a hws on my AR-10 carbine and for all intents its CQB setup. Never cared if it was super "accurate" but I'm friggin blind and thought about maybe adding the magnification to help at the range. Right now at 50 yds with the hws I may as well use the back up sights!

Back