Show Off You Ars

Rick Leslie

Active User
Registered
With the AR platform being the most popular, I though we should show off some of our favorites. Give others a look at your ideas and get some new ideas for yourself.

I'll try to start. (If I can figure out the whole 'picture posting' thing.) Here's my 300 Blackout. Assembled on a Surplus Arms lower and bargain upper. Stainless 1:8 barrel for heavier bullets. Hopefully I'll have a can on it for next deer season now that it's legal to hunt with 'em here in Georgia.
IMG_20140309_135120482_HDR.jpg IMG_20140309_135132807_HDR.jpg

And this is my hodge podge pawn shop find. Hesse lower (I know, I know...) and unknown other stuff. Got a deal because no one could find a mag that fit. Uses modified FAL metric mags. Shoots like a dream.

DSCF7356.JPG DSCF7357.JPG DSCF7359.JPG

I for one would like to read more about them. Things like barrel length, gas block location, optic. Any specific reason you selected some piece of it? They all look great.
Dave

Thank you. Price was one of the main deciding factors. Mine will (hopefully) never be called on to survive rugged terrain or harsh desert heat, but they're no safe queens either. I use them and don't worry about scratches or bumps or dings. When price is close I go for the better quality, but I can't see paying $250 for a railed handguard when a $70 unit will serve my purposes.

Once I determine what type of configuration (carbine, rifle, etc.) I then start looking at what works best with that configuration. You don't want aa 6-24 power scope on a carbine, nor a red dot on a long range rifle. After that I shop price. And lastly, it has to look cool. ;)

One final word of caution: Beware of the pistols. They are fairly useless but I have to have some regardless. I can't help it. Once you start, it's like there's no turning back.

These are the only two I own (at the moment). The first is my AR-10 in 7.62 set up for short range, and the second is a Bushmaster (pawn shop find) in 5.56. I haven't decided what to do with the Bushmaster yet. One of my favorite all-around rifle cartridges is 300 Win Mag.. Can't afford an Omen, but I sure would like to have a AR-10 like platform chambered in that. Anyone designed up a receiver yet? :)

IMG_0643.jpg
IMG_0644.jpg

Very nice! Those look like high quality options on the AR10.

There's a vendor that sells a lot of kit stuff for different firearms. Two such kits are flat metal plates that are laser cut and designed to be welded together to form a laminated AR lower. Both 5.56 and 7.62 lowers are available. http://www.theflatspot.net/

Here's the 5.56: http://www.theflatspot.net/ar-15-receiver-flat.html
And the 7.62: http://www.theflatspot.net/308-receiver-flat-dpms-style-like-ar-10.html

I've taken one of the AR10 kits and extended the mag well to take Bren mags for 06 and mag legth cartridges. It's still in the very early build and experimental stages. It's very doable if you want a 12 to 15 lb. rifle.

Thank you. :)

Like I said, I'm not sure what I want to with the AR-15 yet. I need to do more reading about this 300 blackout I keep hearing about.

Back