Shovelling boulevards

Hehe...:laughing:

We do have a HOA that is pretty lenient in our subdivision. Came thru before Christmas and told up to cut down the weeds growing at the front of the driveway and trim our trees! Or they would fine us $150. And the weeds and trees were still green!

central coast of California whats snow for me whats a sidewalk We do have a dam to send to bill

Same here.. rural NJ.. no sidewalks, only farms.. But I have a long driveway.. used to use my lawn tractor to clear it, finally bought a snow blower.. not sorry I did, much easier.

Uhhg, 10" of snow over the past two days. About 200' of sidewalk in front and down the side of my house (corner lot). My spine nearly fell out.

You young whippersnappers don't even know what snow is! Why when I was a youngster I used to get paid upwards of 75 cents to shovel the neighbors walks AND driveways!
and I shoveled 5 to 6 of them, most of 'em old folks. 10" of snow???? whats that? I remember 30" of very wet spring snow not that long ago. Two weeks ago I shoveled my walks and my neighbors after a mere 16" of snow, and could have used some help. I'm a used up 72 year old coot. Where were those kids who should be shoveling my walks for 75 cents (OK $1.50 with inflation and all)!;)

Yeah we have to shovel within 24 hours of the end of a storm, but I've found its better to get out there during the storm and shove it while its still light enough not to strain the old lower back. Just have a nice warm cup of coffee ready when I get back into the house.

You kids these days!

CHuck the grumpy old coot

You young whippersnappers don't even know what snow is! Why when I was a youngster I used to get paid upwards of 75 cents to shovel the neighbors walks AND driveways!
and I shoveled 5 to 6 of them, most of 'em old folks. 10" of snow???? whats that? I remember 30" of very wet spring snow not that long ago. Two weeks ago I shoveled my walks and my neighbors after a mere 16" of snow, and could have used some help. I'm a used up 72 year old coot. Where were those kids who should be shoveling my walks for 75 cents (OK $1.50 with inflation and all)!;)

Yeah we have to shovel within 24 hours of the end of a storm, but I've found its better to get out there during the storm and shove it while its still light enough not to strain the old lower back. Just have a nice warm cup of coffee ready when I get back into the house.

You kids these days!

CHuck the grumpy old coot
I used to be that kid!

Someone once jipped me and I spent half an hour throwing snow back on their driveway...

That 10" was after I already shovelled 4 times this storm that just went though.

Ah, snow! When I was a kid in southeast Texas, I had to walk 5 miles to school and 8 miles back home in snow up to my chest, barefoot, uphill both ways. And then winter set in.

Tom
Southeast Texas??
Has snow actually ever even fallen there??

Fortunately there are no sidewalks on my side of the street. We are in the end of a cul d sac. However I do own the fire hydrant. Not too sure of my responsibility. The last couple of days we had lots of snow. So I throttled up the snowthrower and headed across the front yard and tried to clear around the hydrant. The house it saves could be my own :).

David

Quote from my Dad, " You youngsters have no clue what snow is, I used to walk 3 miles to school in 4 feet of snow, uphill both ways.

"Billy G"

Quote from my Dad, " You youngsters have no clue what snow is, I used to walk 3 miles to school in 4 feet of snow, uphill both ways.

"Billy G"
Yeah yeah yeah...
I used to walk to school everyday. Easily a few miles. I used to ride my bike to work all year round before I drove. That's tricky in a foot of snow.

Back