Shovelling boulevards

H

Hukshawn

Forum Guest
Register Today
for those of you who have boulevard side walks, is it common law that it's the homeowners responsibility to shovel the snow, or cut the grass otherwise punishable by the state/town?

Here in New Britain it is a town ordinance that any sidewalk along the street in front of your property must be cleaned off within 24hrs of snow or you may be fined.

Yup, street frontage is the owner's responsibility. I think we have until 10:00 am to clear snow from the walks according to by-law.

-frank

Uhhg, 10" of snow over the past two days. About 200' of sidewalk in front and down the side of my house (corner lot). My spine nearly fell out.

yep...those corner lots give twice as much sidewalk

Clear or pay a $10.00 per yard fine. No exceptions.

"Billy G"

It's mandatory in Minneapolis. (I'm noticing that our more southerly members are not chiming in on this one for some reason.)

Bill

yep...those corner lots give twice as much sidewalk

Biggest lot on the street, the dogs love it, but a lot more maintenance.
I'm bitter about it sometimes tho. It's a lot of green space on the side boulevard I have to maintain but am not allowed to use. And there's a public mailbox there. People always toss their junk mail on the grass. I use just a regular push mower, two tanks of gas each mow. Over an hour,usually. Don't get me wrong. I love cutting my grass in the summer..... till I get to that government grass.

I'm just complaining about the hard work.

Yup have to clear sidewalk within 24 hours, and mow boulevard. Also grass must be maintained in the rest of the yard all by city ordinance.

Ah the joys of rural life.

There is no requirement for me to clear snow ever. I do it because I like a clean driveway and I always shovel out the approach path to the roadside mailbox first. Sometimes, I will plow the snow on the public road near the house because I don't like them dumping it in my yard but no requirements.

As for mowing, as long as I'm not growing an illegal substance, no one cares.

Back