should I replace 10k Lathe wicks

I really appreciate all the good information in here. I just acquired an SB 10K lathe husband the last 10 or 15 years being ignored in the corner of The tool Room of the sheet metal production facility. I'm so eager to use the thing I was considering bypassing any inspection and going straight to adding oil and making cuts. This thread has me thinking otherwise. I don't want to be a hack, I'm just tired of having tools torn apart in my shop and would rather use a tool than dive into a restoration.
Thanks

I'm just tired of having tools torn apart in my shop and would rather use a tool than dive into a restoration.

Well, if the wicks are bad, you won't have to worry about diving into a restoration - you'll be hauling it to the scrap yard. Replacing the wicks isn't that difficult of a job (get the kit and manual shown above).

Would you start a car that has been sitting in a corner for 15+ years without doing even the most basic of maintenance?

Well, if the wicks are bad, you won't have to worry about diving into a restoration - you'll be hauling it to the scrap yard. Replacing the wicks isn't that difficult of a job (get the kit and manual shown above).

Would you start a car that has been sitting in a corner for 15+ years without doing even the most basic of maintenance?
You're not wrong, I'm just momentarily grumpy at my lack of foresight, and that first chips are farther into the future than I had hoped.

Back