Shop rearrangement gone bad.

That 13 foot width is quite a bit larger. may not seem it, but that's a whole cabinet and walk area. My kennedy base is 19 " deep, so that really adds quite a bit.
edit: oh that's 134 inches not 13.4 feet... forget what I said. geez you fit a lot.

I decided I am getting rid of one bench, its too deep. Maybe I'll cut it down later. For now, we'll see how it finishes up. I have to make a back splash for the lathe. I am going to have to put some plexi in there to see on the other side too. That way I can see when the pooch comes in, or the wife.

RJ, what's the round in the corner? Garbage can, shop vac?
The round object is an 80 gal. pressure tank for our water supply. My air compressor is in the adjacent room. Trash is kept in the upper left hand corner.

That's what my little closet is for, the water pressure tank, which I just had to replace 2 weeks ago.

Challenge is to cram in our "wants" instead of our "needs". My shop is in an area 32' x 40' in a 40' x 96' pole barn. I would have loved to have kept a Rockwell 11" x 36" lathe and an Atlas 7B shaper, but sold them both to make room for a Bridgeport. I'm blessed with a nice area, but did a poor job of laying it out. Good idea with the paper patterns and CAD approach.

Bruce

Regarding Paper vs CAD for a shop layout technique. I the the CAD and I am sure that fore me it is quicker than using scissors and paper. I think it is just how comfortable you are with your CAD tool of choice not to mention some of the nice side effects such as being able to easily save different versions of your plans for later reference.

Did you consider placing the mill at 45º in a corner ?
When I set it up, I did try it , it seemed to cut off more space than I liked, as it had to come out of the corner quite a bit to get the tbl travel. Plus this is not a BP, it's a clausing 8520, I need access toward the back to change high and low speeds.

The diagram is nearly impossible to read. Also using paper dolls is much faster and more effective. Then a digital photo can be posted large enough for easy viewing.

#3 makes the most sense of the 3, with room to move machines through the center.

Back