Shop Pictures

jghm

Active User
Registered
I thought it was getting tight in my one stall garage shop. I now see there isn't nearly enough machinery in there yet! ;D
John

author=platypus20 link=topic=194.msg560#msg560 date=1288226132
author=yorkiepap link=topic=194.msg559#msg559 date=1288224820
Hey Jack,
Nice shop..... make it better.... knock out one wall & add 20'. ;D

Denny

If only I could, I'm severely land locked. The houses on both sides are right at the space limits, I couldn't move the walls 6" and there is a bed room directly behind the shop. For me, its time to move, but the wife has absolutely no interest or desire to move. So I'm stuck.

jack

OK so what is the problem, just knock out the wall and take over the bedroom! As my kids moved out, their bedrooms were incorporated into the shop, or at least storage for the shop. LOL

Walter

Last edited:
author=Frank Ford link=topic=194.msg623#msg623 date=1288796984
I'm severely land locked. . .

Me, too. I've had my 18x18 garage shop for 39 years now, and over the decades I've rearranged so many times I can't count 'em. Crowded? Yes, indeed - wall space went shortly after floor space, and now every inch of the ceiling is used, too:

[crowdedshop.jpg

I see a partial solution.. let me come by and pick up the bandsaw :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I see a partial solution.. let me come by and pick up the bandsaw :D

That saw is one of my oldest tool friends - I got it in about 1975, and it was old then, built in 1943 to do duty as part of the War Effort. Just replaced the original tires last year - that old saw just keeps on doing its job without complaining.

I made it a gravity feed that really boosts its utility:

bandsawfeed02.jpg

Sometimes I overload the old guy - here I'm cutting 6" round steel, with the upper blade guide removed for clearance:

sixinchbandsaw03.jpg

Even without the guide I get a nice clean cut:

sixinchbandsaw07.jpg

More about the setup here: http://www.frets.com/HomeShopTech/Tooling/BandSawFeed/bandsawfeed.html

Wow, looks like one heck of a machine! Don't worry, I wont report you to PETM (People for the Ethical Treatment of Machinery) ;)

I tried to get this one at a local auction, but it went too high for my budget. It sold for $375.00. Sometimes I think I should have just bit the bullet and got it.. but then again, who know how high it would have gone.

375.jpg

The interesting thing about the shops shown is how adaptable people can be to accomplish a task. I have always found that my interests expand to overfill the space available.
Don

Back