Shop Partner Wanted In Sw Ontario - I Have The Equipment !

LeakyCanoe

Registered
Registered
hello, I am seeking a serious hobbyist level metalworking / machinist partner or partners within a 30 minute radius of Aberfoyle/south-end Guelph.

My situation ?

A hobbyist who has already outgrown his own shop and now has committed to add a total bevy of vintage machinery and tooling ( lathes, mills, shapers, grinders…you name it ) to the mix. I need at least one partner, maybe more, to go in with me on a shop location in a shared environment. You will either have the building and the desire to outfit it for a shop ( secure, easy ground-level access / large door / concrete pad floor / well lit / hydro feed ) but not the suite of machinery and tooling or you would want to commit to go in on something similar in a longer term rental situation. You may be retired and can't put out the flame or you could be like me and looking to set yourself up with a retirement hobby.

I would be looking for longer-term hobbyist-level partners and not someone who needs to make a living from this in a commercial setting. You would appreciate old-school ways and the set-up, use and repair of vintage machinery and equipment, and would be good with motors, electrical wiring, and general mechanical issues, or at least eager to dive-into all this. Woodworking hobbyists also are welcome, as I am also into that too, but we would need to physically separate the 2 disciplines and machinery of course so that they could co-exist and this would then mean more space is required.

This is not a muse, but a real event that is going down over this summer. This needs to happen over the next few months or this will slip through my grasp and the equipment and tooling will need to go into storage or be sold off (or both). I'm hoping that will not be necessary, and am hoping to catch the right partner(s) at the right time here and now.

Drop me a response and please provide for me an overview of your situation. Do you have the building already or are you willing to go in on a shop location with me ? What are your passions and what would you use this shop set-up for, etc. ? I can then get back to you and describe my vision and passions and an overview of the suite of machinery and tooling that would form the back-bone of this…

many thanks in advance !

Back