Shingle oil,

I used to buy it from the Mobile oil bulk distributor and added 1 gallon of mineral spirits to five gallons of shingle oil (back when mineral spirits was cheap) and used a weed sprayer to apply it to my cedar siding every 5-6 yrs. At the time it was way cheaper than linseed oil. The down side to it was, that over time it attracted dirt and turned almost black. It does come back to it's original color after pressure washing. I switched over to Duckback penetrating sealer about 15 yrs ago, and it does a much better job without discoloration. Not cheap at $130 for 5 gal. But I buy a few buckets every year with 20% off coupons, and clean and reseal every 6-7 yrs. the siding still looks great after 35 yrs. For the trailer bed I would go with the used motor oil and diesel, and try to park it out of direct sunlight. Mike

Chicken pox never goes away,shingle oil actually might help shingles on people ?.:cool:
But I'll pass on that

Kakui nut stem sap.
At least it works on the chicken pox.
Makes the spots all disappear for 3 or 4 hours. I couldn't believe how magically they work.

Of course it takes a dozen to cover a toddler they need to have the stem on and they grow in Hawaii...

Diesel and Tar 50/50 30 years ago on soft pine.... Still in great shape...

50 50 diesel and tar.JPG

Or, you could use it on your shingles!

I think they outlawed cedar shingles in California.
I used floor and shingle oil on my heavy shake roof when I lived in Lake Tahoe.
Good and cheap. Like everything you put on wood, it will need to be redone at intervals

I agree with ugly dog, drain oil, we just planked our 20 ton eager beaver and let the drain oil rip.

Back