Sherline Yahoo Chat Group

I do... but I'm not a very active respondent. I prefer to read and soak it in, as there are so many more qualified to answer questions than me.

I belong to the group and not the chat. I have both the lathe and mill both CNC.
Paul

I belong to the thread, I am not that active on that thread ither. I have a Sherline 4400 lathe which I am now installing al ELS ( Yahoo ELS site) I had originally had the ELS on my Wabeco 6000 lathe. I belive having it on my Sherline is more practicle for me. I had tried to do this on the cheep by buying a driver board from China I think it was $65.00 Well I can tell you that was a wast of money it smoked as soon as I hooked it up. I have now used the power supply with Gecko drivers from the Wabeco setup and the ELS is happy. I am a hobbiest and build small engines and generaly mess around. Cheers Jack

Rueven: I applied for membership between Christmas and New Year and I still haven't been approved by the moderator. I've found my Sherline lathe to be indispensable for building model engines and would like to share info with other owners. Roger

I belong to that group but am not active much. I check in from time to time, though.

Roger, I'm surprised the mod hasn't responded to your request for membership by now. They are usually good about things like that. Maybe the request was lost and you might try again.

The Sherline group is a good one. Lots of knowledge there that is specific to our machines. On the other hand, this site offers a tremendous amount of useful info and I find it very friendly.

Mikey: Took your advice and re-applied. Will keep you posted. Thanks. Roger

Hello All,

The Sherline Yahoo group has been without an active moderator for over a year. This is the reason that no new members have been able to join. I am in the process of conducting a poll to elect a new moderator, in accord with Yahoo's rules. I hope to have this matter resolved in a week or so. I'll post a notice here at that time.

In the meanwhile, I encourage all inactive members to participate in this election.

David Clark in Southern Maryland, USA

David: Thanks for the update on the Sherline group. Please keep us posted when a new moderator is found. Looking forward to joining that group. Roger

Hey Guys-

There is also a group called GlickModelShop, which is VERY active also, which has Jerry Glickstein- one of the most active members of the SHERLINE group. 53 messages and 23 pics this week alone.

I am sure this will "hold you over" until the SHERLINE group issue gets resolved.

Also, Sherline CNC is a great group, if there is any over lap there for you. MyLittleMachineShop, BarstockEngines.

Bernie

Back