Sherline Stepper cable plugs

j ferguson

Active User
Registered
I'm trying to do several things at same time and could really appreciate a part number, or at least a pin configuration and plug diameter for the plugs that are on the controller end of their stepper cables. I'm building my own controller because i want to be able to use it for other future machines. Yes, i know it would be good to ask Sherline. I did a week ago but still haven't heard back, and am trying to get my Mouser order put together.

I don't have a sherline mill, but after doing some googling for pictures, the connector looks a lot like a DIN connector. How many pins, and what is the outer diameter of the connector? DIN connectors come in a variety of sizes and configurations, so you will need to find the proper mate. Knowing the overall size and pin count should narrow it down pretty quickly.

I'm trying to do several things at same time and could really appreciate a part number, or at least a pin configuration and plug diameter for the plugs that are on the controller end of their stepper cables. I'm building my own controller because i want to be able to use it for other future machines. Yes, i know it would be good to ask Sherline. I did a week ago but still haven't heard back, and am trying to get my Mouser order put together.

Hopefully towards the bottom of this page you'll find all you need: http://www.sherline.com/8760pg.htm

Bob

5-pin circular Din. looks standard. now I can order up the jacks. thanks much guys.

If you ever decide to go to a alternate control box this guy has a Gecko CNC controler running a 48 volt system and includes 3 - 270 oz steppers with it for
way cheaper than sherline .

http://deepgroove1.com/controller/cnc controller.htm

Thanks for the thought. I'm building my own box which will house the Probotix drivers and power supply, have an lcd tach and system status (including temperature of driver switches) display on the front, an Estop switch on top, and a muffin fan within to keep everything cool. It will have 5 little-fuse holders - kind with the un-round mounting holes, and jacks for the Sherline Din plugs as well as jacks for the limit switches I'm going to add to the 2000. My intention wasn't entirely to save money, but more to get experience putting the thing together. Big trick is going to be to see if I can get all of this in the box with the plenum partitions I'll need to get the air to where it needs to be.

I'm planning to do it twice - unlike the rest of you, I NEVER get anything right the first time.

Back