Sheldon Lathe Es-46-B missing apron and carrige parts need help!

workman

Registered
Registered
I have just acquire a Sheldon Es-46-B Lathe that is missing carrige and apron parts. Looking for help in getting dim. of original parts so I can manufacture them.

I have just acquire a Sheldon Es-46-B Lathe that is missing carrige and apron parts. Looking for help in getting dim. of original parts so I can manufacture them.[/QU

Try John Knox at John@LeatherDriveBelts.com. One of the nicest people on the planet and I would venture to say that he knows more about Sheldon Lathes than Mister Sheldon.

What parts are you missing? The difficulty level for locating some parts can be quite high, but not impossible. Put out there what you are looking for and I`m sure these pieces that are needed can be located or fabricated. You're not the only one out there looking for these treasures. Definitely start with John Knox on the Yahoo Sheldon Lathe forum. He is extremely good at navigating these treacherous waters. Jay

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget Ebay. I've found a lot of the Logan parts I need by simply trolling Ebay with terms like "Logan parts", "Logan machinist lot", "Logan lathe lot". The word "Lot" is used extensively on Ebay to describe a pile of parts with no other description.

There's several people parting out old machines on Ebay. If you see anything for sale for your model machine, then write the seller and ask if he still has what you need. You'll be surprised.

Back