Shars X-axis Power Feed Anyone?

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the Shars Power Feed? I have bought many things from them before and they do sell what I find to be really nice products.

They state their power feeds have a compound dc motor, better copper windings, and clutch design among other things...

What do you all think?

202-2212Main.jpg
View attachment 138334
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the Shars Power Feed? I have bought many things from them before and they do sell what I find to be really nice products.

They state their power feeds have a compound dc motor, better copper windings, and clutch design among other things...

What do you all think?

202-2212Main.jpg
View attachment 138334
I bought this same one (a-class tone e apf-500 ) on e-bay . they are pricing them at $189.95 or best offer .I offered $175.00 and they accepted my offer. It came in one week and is a very nice piece. I also was concerned about the directional lever being small and the rapid button combined with it, but after trying it, I don't think it will be a problem. (1/8/17) I contacted them and they said more are coming and they will relist when they get here.

202-2212Main.jpg

Last edited:
Well I got mine 90% installed. I stopped for now because I am running into a problem. The adapter shaft I diagramed above is slipping back and forth on the ACME threaded shaft. I either need to install some shims or drill/tap it for a set screw.
@AxeMaker:

Reviving an old thread here for my first post. I would like to turn an adapter (extension) shaft also. Did you find the dimensions in your drawing to work in the end? Did you make shims or use a set screw to eliminate the slippage?

Last edited:
Back