Shars X-axis Power Feed Anyone?

AxeMaker

Registered
Registered
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the Shars Power Feed? I have bought many things from them before and they do sell what I find to be really nice products.

They state their power feeds have a compound dc motor, better copper windings, and clutch design among other things...

What do you all think?

202-2212Main.jpg
upload_2016-10-30_0-41-33.png

Looks ok, constructed/designed like the ones I have seen. What I do not piratically care for, and would make me pass on buying. Is the power button and direction control knob.

Two reasons multi function switch, prefer a toggle on/off and, leaver for those functions.

"Drain the swamp"
greg

The Align powerfeed I installed on my mill seems to be nicer and it's certainly been working well for me. They are made in Taiwan and you can actually buy parts for them if you need to, unlike some of the feeds from mainland China. Sometimes Align sells their feeds unmarked as the "house brand" of major retailers, like mine came from Enco. I doubt you will be able to match the $225 shipped price, though. RIP Enco.

The Align powerfeed I installed on my mill seems to be nicer and it's certainly been working well for me. They are made in Taiwan and you can actually buy parts for them if you need to, unlike some of the feeds from mainland China. Sometimes Align sells their feeds unmarked as the "house brand" of major retailers, like mine came from Enco. I doubt you will be able to match the $225 shipped price, though. RIP Enco.

I am checking around and I am seeing them around $380-$400

Edit... and possibly Bestline has acquired the Align power feed product line.

Last edited:

Parts can be had for all of them, look closely at the drive, gearing, down to the housings are all the same, glad you're happy.

$$$ is not that important, purpose built, operator controls, durability seem to trump $$$.

"Drain the swamp""
greg

Parts can be had for all of them, look closely at the drive, gearing, down to the housings are all the same, glad you're happy.

$$$ is not that important, purpose built, operator controls, durability seem to trump $$$.

"Drain the swamp""
greg

The gearing all appears to be the same in all of them. The only difference I have seen is the clutch.

Oh I forgot to ask... Should I get a 140lb or 150lb feed?

Well from what I can tell from checking the particulars... in this case the;

The Servo Import model DYNAMO D-1000-0200 is $410

The Shars APX 150 model has the same magnetic clutch and looks identical is $295

Both are identical power feeds... i.e... they both have the same electromechanical clutch design.

Back