SHarp 1440G lathe

boydd

Registered
Registered
I am thinking of purchasing a Sharp 1440G lathe. I can't seem to find information on the supplier Sharp Machine Tools out of Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Sharp Industries out of California offers a similar machine, the 1440F.

The differences in the machines is that the 1440G has a variable speed drive, DRO, and other accessories for $2,000.00 less.

I can't help but wonder if this is a scam.

Anyone have this machine or has dealt with Sharp Machine tools.

I am thinking of purchasing a Sharp 1440G lathe. I can't seem to find information on the supplier Sharp Machine Tools out of Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Sharp Industries out of California offers a similar machine, the 1440F.

The differences in the machines is that the 1440G has a variable speed drive, DRO, and other accessories for $2,000.00 less.

I can't help but wonder if this is a scam.

Anyone have this machine or has dealt with Sharp Machine tools.

Hello, Boyd:

I bought a Sharp 1230 a few years ago from a guy I worked with. It is at least 20 years old or more, but works like a charm. Eight speeds, plenty of power, rigid, inch or metric threads, and very precise. I have owned two Southbends, one Rockwell, one Colchester, and this one is the best of the litter. The only thing I can complain about is that the noise level of the gear driven spindle is higher than a belt drive lathe, but this lathe was used commercially and saw a lot of use. My machine label says
"Sharp Industries
Gardena, California
Model: Sharp 1230"
I think you will like a Sharp!

Best Regards, Gary
Sharp 1230, Bridgeport, Drill/Mill, Drill press

Might want to take a look at the Acer brand. I have a 14X40 with inverter drive. Really like it and very quite. They are on the higher end of price range but quality is there
Sandia

I have a milling machine I bought from Sharp in North Vancouver some years ago it has served me well.

Back