Shaper Video, Rudy Kouhoupt

Looks like the vid has been deleted :( I'm glad I got to see it a couple of times as it was very well done.

For the record, I do believe in copyright but for the original person and their family. Not some predatory corp or other leech with no other motivation than capitalizing on others IP.

Mostly I wanted to get details of Rudy's vise. I guess my stock Atlas vise needs to be reground as since I've gone to clamping directly to the table I've been getting perfectly square and accurate cuts.

Looks like the vid has been deleted :( I'm glad I got to see it a couple of times as it was very well done.
For the record, I do believe in copyright but for the original person and their family. Not some predatory corp or other leech with no other motivation than capitalizing on others IP.
Mostly I wanted to get details of Rudy's vise. I guess my stock Atlas vise needs to be reground as since I've gone to clamping directly to the table I've been getting perfectly square and accurate cuts.

I believe once the inventor dies , his gifts should be public domain as he can no longer profit from them .
only usurpers can profit at that point

When you are working with a shaper, it is best if you are not in a big hurry... Wonderful and versatile machines otherwise.

It is true, but how many machines do you have that you can do other projects at the same time while doing a run on the shaper? For me the Rudy K. Vid gave with all the background of how the machine actually worked was a boon in that unlike the verticle mill and lathe, the adjustments are not so self explanitory. Like how to adjust the strokes of the arm and ratchet are way more involved.

Yup, that's why I restarted the thread, the vid has gotten deleted for some reason.

try this copy -I'm not sure it is as complete as the original post, but...

That's the second half of the vid. Lots in the first half. Wonder why they would delete the first half and not the second?

Back