• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Guest,  We want to wish You and Your Family a Healthy, Happy Thanksgiving! Click the "X" at the top right corner to remove this notice)
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

SHAPER MACHINE SANCHES BLANES

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

TPinheiro

Iron
Registered Member
Hello,

Good afternoon !

The planer has arrived and I have already partially disassembled for painting, cleaning and adjustment of the buses as the operation was very heavy.
The engine is of two speeds (dalhander) and was for reform in changing the tips and bearings.

Attachments

TPinheiro

Iron
Registered Member
I'm going to have to mount a panel with contactors to control the two speeds, it has two more mechanical speeds in a lever
And two with belt change in a total of 8 speeds.

Old machine but very well preserved all fair buses without any slack and with original painting still. Made aprox in 1976 for what I researched.

Small parts like walrus and screws are in caustic soda bath for cleaning.

I'll post more photos soon!

cjtoombs

Active User
I'm impressed with that universal table. Those are pretty rare on smaller shapers. In fact, that's the first one I've seen on a small shaper, and I've been a shaper nut for about 10 years now. Good luck on the resto, looking forward to seeing it cut some metal.

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Nice looking machine. Kind of surprised they were still being made in 1976. Welcome to the site. Cheers, Mike

Last edited:

cjtoombs

Active User
Nice looking machine. Kid of surprised they were still being made in 1976. Welcome to the site. Cheers, Mike
You can still buy a new one from India or China. They tend to still be very popular in shops in countries where the cost of labor makes buying expensive milling cutters less attractive than taking a bit more time on a machine that uses cheap lathe tool bits.

[6]
5 [7]