Servo x powerfeed 80

dlane

Active User
Registered
seems my x powerfeed quit, the rapid works fine , just the adjustable feed quit.
I may of rapided into the work (didn't let off quick enough) are they fused, any one know of a fix for it ?.
Here is a pic of it and what I was cutting
Thanks for any suggestions / help
IMG_0853.JPG
IMG_0851.JPG
Those are the 50 cals

seems my x powerfeed quit, the rapid works fine , just the adjustable feed quit.
I may of rapided into the work (didn't let off quick enough) are they fused, any one know of a fix for it ?.
Here is a pic of it and what I was cutting
Thanks for any suggestions / help
View attachment 233147
View attachment 233146
Those are the 50 cals
If the rapid still works, it is probably a switch or wiring problem of some sort. There are wiring diagrams for those Servo power feeds online...

Anybody know if a servo 150 will work on machine set up with a servo 80 powerfeed ?.

Guess I'll send it in for repair, didn't see anything inside that looked bad.

Anybody know if a servo 150 will work on machine set up with a servo 80 powerfeed ?.
Yes, they are interchangeable. The old model 80 is also repairable, and most parts are available for them.

I like the 80's , and the #80 servo powerfeed's ,I'll get it fixed and talk to the service tech that dose it , hopefully get spare parts to fill the box

The tech said it would cost more to rebuild the 80 than buy a new one, (sales tactics )
Someone removed the on off switch on the 80 , the switch had a overload protection built into it and apperantly it overloaded and fryed the circuit board and the armature. There sending it back to me and I have a new powerfeed headed this way, it's not a servo brand but was told it will operate the same as a servo 140 and is better sealed than a servo model I forgot the name, made in Mexico
Should be here Tuesday , we'll see

There is a pretty special slow blow circuit breaker/switch combo on the Servo power feeds. Replace it with an ordinary switch and you may let out the magic smoke...

I guess the PO deleted the special switch, when it quit I didn't smell the magic smoke
I pulled the cover off and didn't see anything burnt on the bord , but the inside was saturated with an oily substance, probably old coolent .

Just don't sound right to me , if the rapid still worked I'd bet there's just a broken switch . With the coolant in there it would do that but burn the armature , I'd have to strip it out and see . If your going to trash it would you be willing to send it to me for the shipping cost . If I can fix it ill put it on my mill if I can get mounting gear and shims.

Back