SERIOUSLY COOL MICRO LATHE

I have a few of them. To me, they are for display only. Mechanically, they are just a tad above being a toy (and I’m just trying to be nice!). But, they sure are cute to look at!!!!!!

A FEW OF THEM?!? Damn you! *jealous

Now that we are talking about cute lathes, this($950) Swiss made watchmakers lathe has been for sale for months and no takers, how could that be I wonder:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/c...on/1185881065?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
$_27 (8).JPG $_27 (9).JPG $_27 (10).JPG$_27 (11).JPG

I think because it is a watch makers lathe and you have to be good at or enjoy working with a graver, rather than the cross slide of a machine lathe.

David

I think because it is a watch makers lathe and you have to be good at or enjoy working with a graver, rather than the cross slide of a machine lathe.

David

It is a sweet looking lathe but appears more fragile or less robust than the Boley or similar lathes.

Yeah but according to the Bugs Bunny cartoons, you have to start with a freshly felled log to make one toothpick. Can you chuck that log in this?? :)

Rimspoke and RJSakowski,
I have a Duo Lathe, by Small Machines Inc., buy it has no motor.
Could you please take some photos and dimensions of yours so I know what to look for in a replacement?
You can send them to me off-line at: ziegedw@gmail.com.
Thank you in advance,
Dean Z.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back