• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

SERIOUSLY COOL MICRO LATHE

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium
That certainly does have a very high cute factor. Looks like for the kind of work you would be doing on it, you might want a finer carriage feed than the rack on that one seems it would provide. Mike

T Bredehoft

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium
I was on a hunt for one these years ago. They go for big money & don't pop up often, too rich for my blood. Also check out MonoLathe & DuoLathe. There are a few videos of these on YT if you want to learn more about them. Then I started looking at watchmakers' lathe but I still would rather have one of these.

chips&more

Active User
I have a few of them. To me, they are for display only. Mechanically, they are just a tad above being a toy (and I’m just trying to be nice!). But, they sure are cute to look at!!!!!!

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium
I have a few of them. To me, they are for display only. Mechanically, they are just a tad above being a toy (and I’m just trying to be nice!). But, they sure are cute to look at!!!!!!
A FEW OF THEM?!? Damn you! *jealous

David S

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium
I think because it is a watch makers lathe and you have to be good at or enjoy working with a graver, rather than the cross slide of a machine lathe.

David

Rockytime

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium
I think because it is a watch makers lathe and you have to be good at or enjoy working with a graver, rather than the cross slide of a machine lathe.

David
It is a sweet looking lathe but appears more fragile or less robust than the Boley or similar lathes.

rzbill

The cheapest thing in an airplane is the pilot.
Yeah but according to the Bugs Bunny cartoons, you have to start with a freshly felled log to make one toothpick. Can you chuck that log in this?? :)

ziegedw

Iron
Registered Member
Rimspoke and RJSakowski,
I have a Duo Lathe, by Small Machines Inc., buy it has no motor.
Could you please take some photos and dimensions of yours so I know what to look for in a replacement?
You can send them to me off-line at: ziegedw@gmail.com.
Thank you in advance,
Dean Z.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk