Scrap Yard Stuff

A buddy of mine just turned me on to a local scrap yard I was completly unaware of.

I stopped over there for the first time yesterday, and was surprised to see "Public Welcome" signs.

I think it's just a matter of time before their insurance company finds out that they're letting "muggles" pick through the piles and bins.
Whats the name of the place if you don't mind telling your source. I'm in southeast Michigan too! If you want to keep it a secret I understand.

I'm fortunate to have a scrapyard that sells their stock by the pound. Unfortunately they don't sort their steel very well. I did find a branch of Industrial Metal Sales in Michigan. http://www.industrialmetalsales.com/. Bit of a drive, but could be worth a trip to purchase a good supply and maybe eBay some.
Barnesrickw - If you don't mind me asking, which yard is selling by the pound?? I'm over in Fremont and need to come up with a decent source. It kills me to go into Harbor Steel and watch them throw anything less than 2 or 3 foot into the dumpster.

Anyone ever been to the outfit in Greenville?

I had a great place, back when I lived in Milwaukee ... but driving around the lake is out of the question.

Last edited:
Whats the name of the place if you don't mind telling your source. I'm in southeast Michigan too! If you want to keep it a secret I understand.

I honestly don't remember, "something" Brothers, near South Lyon.

Barnesrickw - If you don't mind me asking, which yard is selling by the pound?? I'm over in Fremont and need to come up with a decent source. It kills me to go into Harbor Steel and watch them throw anything less than 2 or 3 foot into the dumpster.

Anyone ever been to the outfit in Greenville?

I had a great place, back when I lived in Milwaukee ... but driving around the lake is out of the question.

Sorry, it took me so long to get back. Lakeshore Recycling. It's on Ottawa just south of Marquette. The old Rag and Metal I believe. The only time I got a small order from Harbor Steel is when I had a friend working there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back