Scrap to useful.

In my opinion there is no such thing as scrap metal. You must just have the vision or idea to change it into something useful.

Don't know if this fits the category of 'scrap' but they were totally useless for their original purpose. These are some clocks I made out of an old flex plate and the two non-functional instrument clusters out of a '54 Chevy truck (my avatar).
IMG_1075.JPGIMG_1071.JPGIMG_1465.JPG

Also made one out of an old 12" chop saw blade, but don't have a picture.

Regards,
Terry

My company throws material out like your daily trash . I scavenge ANYTHING I believe I can make a tool or fixture out of it . :encourage:

My company throws material out like your daily trash . I scavenge ANYTHING I believe I can make a tool or fixture out of it . :encourage:
That is the only thing I miss from my wage slave days. The stuff I'd pull out of the scrap recycle bins and out of the boneyard of obsolete machines and equipment breaks my heart now. But I've moved so many times I know better than get too carried away. It's also why I've stayed away from acquiring larger machine tools.

Moving 25 times in 40yrs makes me look at everything logistically. I'm thinking downsizing is the next thing on the horizon and it might be a ultimate liquidation which it sounds like you are very intimate with. I have a small fraction of what you have Dave but I saw what my brother went through trying to liquidate his shop to move to Pennsylvania from California and I'm not looking fwd to dealing with the headache and heartbreak.

Back