Scrap alert !

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'm tearing apart a machine in at work . Maybe 3000 lbs of stainless plate , bar stock , rounds etc . Some 300 series , mostly 400 series . My boss said to take what I want . Couple conveyors in with it . I'm going to check one more time with him . If it's a go , I'll load up the trailer . The electricians have to remove a few items but after that , it will be game on . More to come . This machine is close to 30 ft long so I have to dissasemble which will take time .

Goodness, that’s quite the project. You may not be surprised that I am interested.

If the price is right, I might take a run down and stock up. You’re not that far from Conowingo, but the eagles might be on the way out by now, so a photography side trip might not work..

Sounds like Christmas.
I had the chance to take whatever I wanted. A large cannery operation shut down after 50+ years in operation.
All the stainless tables, panels, conveyers, etc. were moved to a barn owned by a co-workers father.
They sold the property so all the cannery equipment had to go.
I was living in an apartment after the fire. I was wide eyed and confused.
I grabbed a few smaller pieces, I've been kicking myself ever since. I should have grabbed much more.

I most likely have a few more complications as far as the cancer . I have a mill sold , and an interested party on the large lathe . I can't open the garage door because everyday I have off is below freezing . I take it day by day . What a life . :grin:

Hang in there Dave!!!

Seriously…. Need some help???
Need to come visit anyway!

Back