Scored a powermatic/burke millright

Nice job on the winch setup. Looks like your place of work comes in pretty handy. Every job should have a few bennie's. Mike

Nice job on the winch setup. Looks like your place of work comes in pretty handy. Every job should have a few bennie's. Mike
It sure does, Some of the other bennies are the other shops I go to, I do them favors, and then they help me when I need something. And then there is the material thing, I can pretty much get whatever I need for free, other shops let me dig through their scrap too.

So I got the base off the trailer by myself. And here is the set up for getting it down into the basement.

It starts with some heavy aluminum extrusion channels as ramps to get up and over the first step.
20161231_162332.jpg
I'm hoping this set up will work like it is on rails.
20161231_162320.jpg
More of the aluminum channel across the landing to help spread out the weight and guide it.
20161231_161136.jpg
And the big question is. Can I push this thing up the ramps and onto the landing by myself?
20161231_162517.jpg
There will be a video if anyone wants to see how it went. And how maybe you could do something like this if you needed to.

Good job , well thought out and done. The ramps or channels should be hung in the ceiling joists with do not touch or use wrote on them. Never know when another machine might turn up. Like the video too.

Good job , well thought out and done. The ramps or channels should be hung in the ceiling joists with do not touch or use wrote on them. Never know when another machine might turn up. Like the video too.
You are so right! They already are. I think I will even wire wheel the long stair channels and paint them. You never know what might be purchased in the future, or god forbid I should move again and need to get all this stuff out of the basement again.

A move worthy of Moses building pyramids for Pharaoh. Glad I've never had to deal with stairs.

So let's see where I am on this

I don't know why all the pics rotated?
But here is the top of the machine in pieces in my basement.
View attachment 142231
The millright will go against the wall to the left of the no.4
View attachment 142232
She's a little dirty from sitting. Next is to remove the knee, saddle, and table.
View attachment 142233
View attachment 142234
The handles and dials will get some love on reassembly.
View attachment 142236

View attachment 142237
Ot a bit regarding pics.

We posted some the other day with phone and same thing.

Just a guess but the photos are "wide screen" so try holding phone sideways for next photos to see.

We thinks the software wants to post the image in a short and wide layout.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

That's "getting er done" Greg. The only improvements I could imagine, after the fact of course, would be to replace the chain with a solid piece of angle or bar with a centered cable attachment to get rid of some of the wiggly jiggly element, and maybe some kind of low profile roller/ guide to protect the landing edge and smooth the decent. One more example of where there's a will, there's a way. Cheers, Mike

That's "getting er done" Greg. The only improvements I could imagine, after the fact of course, would be to replace the chain with a solid piece of angle or bar with a centered cable attachment to get rid of some of the wiggly jiggly element, and maybe some kind of low profile roller/ guide to protect the landing edge and smooth the decent. One more example of where there's a will, there's a way. Cheers, Mike
Yes I agree, if I ever have to do this again I will make a v roller to go at the top of the stairs. I don't trust cable crimps much so I would probably sticky with the chain, maybe just one heavier one. But that's what I had on hand. Remember, I salvaged everything to move this, except the winch itself.

Back