Scored A Nice Albrecht Chuck

Cheeseking

Active User
Registered
Been using a couple Jacobs chucks that came with my lathe for awhile. They work well and are in good shape but well you know the whole tool sickness thing. ..
Last year I found and won an Albrecht 0-1/2" with 3MT arbor on Ebay. It was okay but not as pristine as I had hoped. Certainly seen some use. Jaws were fair but obviously some goober head did some magic on em before me. So luckily I didn't pay a bunch and been looking out for a little nicer one since. Well this week I found another one and won it. Yay. Had to pay a bit more but It's just what I wanted. Used but very close to new condition. So if anyone is interested in my "servicable" one, shoot me a pm Like I said its decent. Smooth and straight, jaws are worn and not crisp.

My new one25a4ce5cc3a5f3c8e51193a30a5c5a6a.jpg

Old one
3521a4d3ba8c300a72c419acaa667e78.jpg

Indeed red 'X' s, but if you reply the pictures show up in the reply... What gives?

Nice chuck though.

David

Been using a couple Jacobs chucks that came with my lathe for awhile. They work well and are in good shape but well you know the whole tool sickness thing. ..
Last year I found and won an Albrecht 0-1/2" with 3MT arbor on Ebay. It was okay but not as pristine as I had hoped. Certainly seen some use. Jaws were fair but obviously some goober head did some magic on em before me. So luckily I didn't pay a bunch and been looking out for a little nicer one since. Well this week I found another one and won it. Yay. Had to pay a bit more but It's just what I wanted. Used but very close to new condition. So if anyone is interested in my "servicable" one, shoot me a pm Like I said its decent. Smooth and straight, jaws are worn and not crisp.

My new one25a4ce5cc3a5f3c8e51193a30a5c5a6a.jpg

Old one
3521a4d3ba8c300a72c419acaa667e78.jpg

Got a bunch of free ones , they look ugly but still work , arbors were still in them , tapers are good
Inside's not affected, these two were too far gone, but still work . The ones I use look much better than these two but not as good as yours.
Mine were from a cl add , they were in a box in a Leakey roof shed.
Looks like the pics are screwed up again, no full images

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Free is always good!. The left two albrechts look pretty nice from the last pic. I kind of like the look when the black oxide wears off from oily hands rubbing on em for years. Invest in a couple new arbors your good to go.
I could probably buy a new set of jaws for my older chuck and it would be good as new other than the exterior cosmetics. But I as myself do i really need 2?? Probably would have been smarter to do new jaw in the first place but oh well.

Back