Sanford SG48 miniature surface grinder

I've bought a few things from Sopko for a Reid and Dumore grinders.
They might be able to help.
Thanks I will call them on Monday.

@6061T6 - the nut is about 1-1/2" diameter and 1/4"-5/16" thick. You should check your spindle thread to fit.

sanford spindle nut.jpg

@6061T6 - the nut is about 1-1/2" diameter and 1/4"-5/16" thick. You should check your spindle thread to fit.

View attachment 378065
Thanks! I will check with wmsopko and if they don’t have one ready made it should be quite easy to make one. I guess the one they might have will be hardened and ground which will be preferable.

@6061T6 You're looking for a wheel nut and grinding wheels? I might have an extra nut. I'll check when I get out to the shop. MSC has wheels but there is not much for variety for wheels this size.

@vtcnc, just noticed yours said “sandford” with the “d”. Is that a different maker or a misspelling somehow?

@vtcnc, just noticed yours said “sandford” with the “d”. Is that a different maker or a misspelling somehow?
Hm. Would you look at that?

Uh, well, I guess I will be doing a deep dive on this little mystery. I never noticed this...:laughing:

I would say misspelling for sure...but I'll be checking serial numbers and any other markings later...it would be hard to believe it if knock-off SG-48 existed out there in the wild!

Back