Salvaged an old Rotating Bolt Bin

A friend had one made out of about 6 old plow discs set on agricultural bearings in the centre, and divided with strips of metal, in similar fashion to yours. I've been going to build one for years (I've got a pile of discs), but a 1000 other jobs seem to have regular priority. :)

I use old disc blades to make grinder stands and such. Quick and easy! Making a rotating bolt bin with them is a great idea.

GG

made my bolt caddy out of a old silo filler blower disk bout 42 in across fit a car front spindle for the bearing in the center holeof disk welded half in rod spaced apart so as a 8 in thin wall split length ways weld both end of the 8 in halfs shut but make a part of the medal that boxes the end shut go up higher so as you can put a pipe from one end to the other pipe is a handle when you need to take it off to check for what ever spin the heavy blower disk around as you find what ever the whole out fit is about 16 in from the wall cement bolts to the floor gotogojo

Old thread but figured i would take a shot, how did you remove those bins? Is it just force or is there some type of retainer?

Back