rung fu clone RF-45 ZX45 cnc conversion

Steve thank you for all your insight, I doubled up on the ball nuts and got awesome results, .0001 on the X after numerous cuts using the Mach 3 wizard and .0000 on the Y after the same cuts. I used a DRO as the comparison, I'm jazzed.

Steve thank you for all your insight, I doubled up on the ball nuts and got awesome results, .0001 on the X after numerous cuts using the Mach 3 wizard and .0000 on the Y after the same cuts. I used a DRO as the comparison, I'm jazzed.
Ya mean I have to double nut to get it tight enough to operate???????????:bang head:
Oh well back to the drawing board AGAIN!!:bawling:
Bill

Ya mean I have to double nut to get it tight enough to operate???????????:bang head:
Oh well back to the drawing board AGAIN!!:bawling:
Bill
you can email Chai directly and he can offer you some options, also if you wanted double nuts with a single flange you have to order it via email because they are not listed on ebay. it's also cheaper if you go this route because it saves him listing fees. here is his email address: linearmotionbearings2008@aliyun.com

that sounds great I'd love to have no backlash.
sorry for the slow replies the site keeps turning off my notifications for some reason.
Steve

Roadster,

What's the procedure to put two ball nuts on, I was under the impression once you take it off you can't get it back on. Reason I ask is because I cut my ballscrew to short but I have a piece long enough, just wondering how to reinstall on longer screw

Lanham

Lanham
I'm making you a video I'll post it as soon as YouTube is finished
Steve

normally before I try to change a ball-nut I insert a grease fitting and lube it to help insure I keep all the balls in.
In the video I did it dry being really careful.
this is a 1605 screw to do another size, measure the inside diameter of the ball-screw thread and make a tube that size.
Steve

here is a video I found showing how to repack the balls if everything went wrong
Steve

Steve, your awesome, making the video was a great help to a lot of people I'm sure. Quite simple once you do it right once. The first time like so many others, my balls where all over the shop. I actually had to order more from Thompson that time. Now I always use a shallow box top in case of disaster.

That made it look easy, off to savannah for vacation, I'll try it when I get back

Lanham

Back