rung fu clone RF-45 ZX45 cnc conversion

the settings I gave you are correct we have the same motors and drivers
now the fun begins, there is for me nothing like seeing everything going for the first time
Steve

Thanks Steve the Z works awesome with a little help from you and Hubbard CNC. They sell a little pulse generator that you connect to instead of having to use a computer. I'll use it to move the head quickly for small jobs so I don't have to turn on the computer.

the handiest thing I have added to my machine is this
it's the cheapest and works perfect I have 3 of them. both mills and my lathe
$_12.JPG

Well I just ordered one from them too. I'll give it a try for that price. I've actually been using a usb radio keyboard that works great too but this looks promising.

Hi Steve, for reason I can't open your pictures of your motor tuning today. I was able to a couple days ago. I'm lodged in but it says error. I am tuning motors today and I was going to reference your as a start or finish???
Any chance you can PM me?

Steve thanks for your help. Up and running, not seeing 200 ipm but very decent speeds. I get a motor stall (buzz) over 75 ipm on the x-axis.

here is a copy of my zx45.xml file, You will have to unzip it.
copy it to your mach3 directory and it will show up in your list when you start mach3 loader
ZX45Mill, open up ports and pins when it first opens and make sure all pin setting are the same as yours
disable a axis if you don't have one.
once you have checked all the pin settings you can turn on the power to your controller and test it.
the other zip file is pictures of my screens same as in post above
Steve

Attachments

• pictures of mach3 settings.zip
    43.1 MB · Views: 24
  • ZX45Mill.zip
    31.3 KB · Views: 23
Hi Steve. I think you answered this question for me before but I can't find the post. Question is what breakout board are you using? I have the same motor and driver kit as you. As I recall you said the board that came with the motor/driver kit didn't work all that well. I'm also planning on using the UC-100 from CNC4PC.

Thanks for your help.

Tom S

Hello Tom
this is not the same seller but it is the same board
Ebay item number
also the Uc100 is shipped with a gender changer now
Steve

Back