routing the coolant

GK1918

Active User
Registered
I put this in general cause maybe more people may have answer. My new mill is up and running, now
comes to the cooling. The rear of the table has a full lenght brass drain grate. Something is missing
on the back of the table, appears like some kind of unbillical cord cant spell that, I think this cord I picture
like the kinky shop vac hose points down to the base which has like a floor drain and filter and the
pump is rear of the column into its sump. The sump is the column base and its a Toolmaster Cincy.
Also with much talking and research it uses a 3CH monoset collets which I only have half inch. so thats
next hurdle cause I live in R8 land. I did find online manuals but they are so blurrery I cant see them.
I only would like how they had it, other than that I guess ill make a plate and half inch hose. sam

Earl spiked me for this post

Toolmaster mills usually had a coolant trought around the outside of the table so a simple hose is all you need there. If youre lucky you might find a collet chuck to fit your spindle , the endmill holders are hard to find. We had to make them for our machine at work. There is a spindle lock behind the quill when removing the nut.

Both of my K & T Milwaukee's have the brass in the back. They are covered with some Cold Rolled flat bar and the coolant enters from both ends.
Paul

Back