rotary table

bedwards

Active User
Registered
Sorry for the dumb question, will a 8" rotary table (Phase II Model #200-1078) work on a Grizzly G1005 RF-30 clone? I wanted a 6" but I can get a deal on an 8" local.

thanks in advance
bedwards

Bedwards,
Measure from the center of your table to the back of the throat of the machine and see what the measurement ends up being. That will help you to visualize the table moving through the different extremes of available movement and let you judge whether 8 inch would be too large or still fit nicely. Being unfamiliar with the exact machine you have refered to I would use this approach or better yet I would make a cardboard mock up of the RT and move your machine around with it installed in the position you intend to mount it in later. That will definitely prove or disprove that is it satisfactory for your use and purposes. Just a thought before you plunk down any hard earned and decide you don't like the result.

Bob

A 8" rotary table will be approximately 12" x 12" x 4" plus the crank handle sitting out the front. Make a cardboard template and sit it on the mill table to see how it fits.

I agree with these suggestio.az

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with these suggestions. You need to visualize the size before making a decision. For what it's worth I have an Enco RF30 clone and a 6" rotary table. There are times I wish I had an 8".

If the 8" doesn't work but is a good deal, buy it anyway. Sell/trade the 8" and get your 6". I'm sure there are guys looking for these.

I think thats what I will do. I'm a softy for a bargain.

bedwards

Back