Rotary table here with plates but will not turn when handle is turned and no instructions at all

Armor

Active User
Registered
Any help on setting this thing up?

Table will not turn with handle, it moves about 180 degrees but table just stays there.:whistle:

I emailed Grizzly to see what they say, but as of yet no reply.

This one here, came all put together , some cosmetic damage from shipping as not enough of packing peanuts in the box.

And what looks like a threaded hole on the bottom with nothing in it.

Pictures can be put up if needed.

Thanks a bunch

Jeff

The table in question.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/4-Rotary-Table-w-Indexing/H5940

I have the 6" version of that table. Theres a knob to engage and disengage the threads for when you want to rapidly turn the table manually. Check out this 6" PDF http://cdn0.grizzly.com/manuals/g1049_m.pdf for a clue. I haven't used mine in a while, so i forgot how it works exactly. Pay particular attention to knob #3 on page 8. :))

Thanks guys after taking off the dividing plate stuff and using the included handle which fit like crap.
:rofl:
I tried it again with the plate and no change a Call to grizzly and sending a sticker to put on and return.

POS really as even the regular handle which has a key way in it ,but the shaft to which it mounts is some sort of metal blob looks like a real bad Tack from welding.

I give it 1 star so don't buy this thing I guess stuck with the 4 " without dividing plates but at least it looks better , handle wobbles so much unreal.:angry:

Jeff

:lmao:

The 6" version that I have is actually pretty darn good. I bought it about a yr ago.

Well after looking a little closer at it I got the table to turn wobbly but turns a lot of lash in it.

On using the dividing plates can be done if the handle with the lock pin is loosened and you can rotate the table.

Does that make sense?

Maybe if I take pics somebody can help before I send it back.

I received the return label thru my email address.

So what do you all say?

Up to looking at it thru some pics?

Jeff

Here are some pics of what I am talking about.
It looks like the round piece engages but it does not.

Any hints on it and thanks I know hard to deal with Noobs:rofl:

Jeff

IMG_0646.JPG IMG_0647.JPG IMG_0648.JPG IMG_0649.JPG

Send it back! Not only does it look like that screw has been beaten with a hammer it also looks a bit bent (may be just the pic though). With the screw looking that way who knows what kind of horrors are on the inside.

-Ron

:rofl: One more time guys think I might keep it and work around it's flaws a great way to start the learning process.

Think I might just order a flat aluminum bar from here and machine it to change out the chrome one which is the problem , and if need be to machine another lock for the shaft.

What better way to learn the proess then to fix the tools.

From here.

http://www.speedymetals.com/pc-2229-8351-18-x-2-12-6061-t6511-aluminum-extruded.aspx

Jeff

Back