Rotary Table Dividing Plates

papermaker

Active User
Registered
I have a rotary table that also is set up to index. I believe that there should be 3 indexing plates each with 6 rows of holes. I only have one disks and would like to make the other two disks. If someone has the indexing plates I just need the numbers on each disk that correspond number of holes in each row.
Thanks in advance !! Jerry

folk might be able to assist you better if you posted the make/model of your rotary table as each make/model uses different indexing plates and different dimensions.

What is the ratio of the Rotary Table? Grizzly has plates for 90:1 tables. If it is a 6 inch table I have the plates.

"Billy G"

I got a complete set of plates, arm and indicators for 50 bucks for a 6 in. table. I don't think you can make them that cheaply. If you want the link LMK and I will dig it up for you.

Bob

As for a brand name there isn't a name on it. It is a 4" and looks similar to the one in the Grizzly catalog.
As for being cheaper to buy new plates...I have the stock and can crank out a plate in about 20 min on the CNC mill. Besides what fun is it to buy when you can make your own.

The rotary table in the grizzly catalog H5940 looks just like what I have. They (Grizzly) lists a parts list but they do not support spare parts for this. The gear ratio is 1:72.

My plates are as listed:15,16,17,18,19,20. 21,23,27,29,31,33. 37,39,41,43,47,49. My rotary table, however, is a 90:1. To find the proper plate/turns without a table or chart one would divide 90 by the desired number of divisions. Let's use 22. 90 divided by 22 is 4 with a remainder of 2/22. The denominator needs to meet a plate you have, so you need to adjust the fraction. 2x1.5=3. 22x1.5=33. Or 3/33. That works. Using a 33 hole plate one would turn 4 turns and 3 spaces. All that is to illustrate that a set of plates for a 72:1 is liable to be different than sets for other gear ratios. The hole numbers being set to work/divide well with the ratio.You have one plate so you know everything except numbers. I would look up sets for sale geared the same and see what they have. If the small plate matches up with yours, the others hold your answer. I hope that makes sense, and Best of luck.

Set your rotary table so that the pointer on the periphery and the hand-wheel dial are set to zero. Rotate the dial while counting turns until you get to 10 degrees. If it took 6 turns, it is 60:1, 7.2 turns, 72:1, 9 turns, 90:1, Easier than walking it all around the block, so to speak.

Papermaker,
I have a few extra plates in various states of condition without an associated DH.
If you want to measure what you need. I'll check to see if these are the same.

Daryl
MN

Back