Rotary Table Center Hole ?

It does appear to be some sort of insert. If you seriously want it out, and are willing to deal with whatever shape the hole is in, machine it out. You should be able to drill it a good bit of the diameter, then bore it until it is just a thin shell. Peel it out.

Reactions: 18w
Maybe bore and ream for 3MT? Depends on how long the adapter is.

If infact it is threaded I would drill two 3/16" holes 180 deg apart and make a pin spanner out of a pice of round stock 2 flats on the outher end and 2 dowel pins. heat it with a heat gun and try to unscrew it.

morse taper is the same taper as taper pipe threads.

Thanks for the replys and I will follow up with the outcome, but out of town for three days. I will work on it as soon as I get back.

It appears to be a right hand thread if so I would go with a bolt from the back it the threads in the center go through. use a couple washers under the head of the bolt. heat may help. but not a lot of it I've seen strange things, but just can't think why you would thread the outside if not to thread it in. Seems an MT taper would pull out if you tightened anything down on that center thread. Maybe different size pegs for locating parts.
Good Luck
Mark

Well I went to work and was told assignment cancelled. No biggie. A little lost OT, but I get to stay in town. Came home and tapped the plug all the way through and then turned it out from the back. As you can see in the pictures, if it was an MT taper at one point, someone changed it. Now I will have to figure out how to make a centering pin. I was thinking of threading a piece of steel screwing it into the center and then turning it on the mill with the table. Does that make sense?

Back