Rong Fu Spindle Key Replacement Rf40

Ducati2

Registered
Registered
My RF40 is having a little trouble accepting my R8 collets due to a bashed up key inside the spindle. Where would I get this new part and has anyone here gone through the process of replacing? I tried to get up there with a small 3 corner file and repair it, but pretty tight quarters and not making headway. Any help or guidance appreciated.

I had an Italian mill about the same size as a Bridgeport, and the key was sheared off; in spite of the fact that it still worked fine, I replaced the key, which was like a flat head screw with a teat on the threaded end; it was a goodly amount of trouble to do, as the quill had to be disassembled to get to the spindle --- bottom line, it sheared off not long after and we continued to use it for about 25 or so years after without any inconvenience whatever; as long as the spindle is rotating CW, the drawbar is self tightening if there is any slippage of the adaptor used, if using CCW, use care not to put a lot of torque into the cut. The quest to replace the key was secondary to having to replace the quill due to some idiots trying to use it to broach a keyway, they broke a couple of teeth off the rack, tried to weld it up and made a major mess of it; I bought a new quill and a nice mill was the result; brand name was Induma, model 1 - S.

my problem is they key is not sheared off, but rather buggered up. THis is preventing a smooth insertion and extraction of the collects. I really need to get it fixed and hoping to find someone on this forum that has had a wrong fu spindle apart enough to replace or repair this issue. I pulled the lower brace off but that just holds up the depth gage rod thing. there is a 3 hole spanner nut on the bottom, but I have not yet tried to pull that off. waiting for some counseling here.. .

Back