Riser for BP synchro-trace

I believe that all the Bridgeport knee mill variations of tracer mills used the same base as the manual mills so the normal risers should work. I have my riser off the machine right now so I can take some measurements if you need them to verify this.

Thanks for the offer. I looked inside my BP col and the spider looks like others I've seen.
Trying to att pic.
Let me know how it compares with what you have,Is that pin an index?
Thanks.DSC06736.JPGDSC06737.JPGDSC06738.JPG

DSC06736.JPG DSC06737.JPG DSC06738.JPG

That looks like its a tapered pin. They likely drilled/reamed and drove it in to keep the ram from being getting out of alignment.

I'll have to look at a spider tomorrow but I think they normally have tapped holes since the bolts that pull the ram mount down come in from the top.
As far the pin goes you have to see what they reamed into and if there's enough material on the riser to do the same.

Do you have any more pictures of the machine I like to see what the rest of the base looks like.

The spider cap bolts look like they thread into the top .This is different than other BP's I've seen.

I will post more pics.

thanks.

I contacted a Midwest BP shop re the riser install and pins. They are aware of a trutrace with a riser welded to

the ram as an expedient install method.Their opinion was it could be done with bolts with mods.No one was familiar

with the pins. They had similar col with no pins.

I'm going to take the machine apart and work it out using my spider and longer bolts.

Thanks for thinking about it and I'll post the results when completed.

Cheers.

Back