RG&G Gatling gun builders?

BGHansen

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Greetings! Just curious if anyone else out there is building or has built an RG&G designed Gatling gun? My son and I are working on one, but Michigan winter weather has slowed our progress recently. I'll post some photos shortly, need to bone up on the process. We're up to making the bolts and feed mechanism and have discovered a number of errors in the drawings. Just wondering if anyone else has built the bolts and what problems we should expect to run into.

Finally got off my can and read how to upload files. Here's where we are at with the Gatling gun project. Once the bolts, feed mechanism and tripod are done we'll tear it down and start putting the final finish on the parts. All of the brass parts will be polished, steel (minus the barrels) will be blued. I have a tank to do nickel-plating and will use it on the barrels. It's not to plan or period accurate but I feel the focus of attention will be on the spinning iron noise makers! Why not let them really pop with a bright shiny coat of nickel!

gun 1.jpg gun 2.jpg gun 3.jpg

That is high on my bucket list of things to do... Thanks for sharing and keep us posted! Looks great so far! Can you give us some more details on the build? And more pics!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is high on my bucket list of things to do... Thanks for sharing and keep us posted! Looks great so far! Can you give us some more details on the build? And more pics!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:+1: What he said...

-Ron

Finally got off my can and read how to upload files. Here's where we are at with the Gatling gun project. Once the bolts, feed mechanism and tripod are done we'll tear it down and start putting the final finish on the parts. All of the brass parts will be polished, steel (minus the barrels) will be blued. I have a tank to do nickel-plating and will use it on the barrels. It's not to plan or period accurate but I feel the focus of attention will be on the spinning iron noise makers! Why not let them really pop with a bright shiny coat of nickel!
Finally got off my can and read how to upload files. Here's where we are at with the Gatling gun project. Once the bolts, feed mechanism and tripod are done we'll tear it down and start putting the final finish on the parts. All of the brass parts will be polished, steel (minus the barrels) will be blued. I have a tank to do nickel-plating and will use it on the barrels. It's not to plan or period accurate but I feel the focus of attention will be on the spinning iron noise makers! Why not let them really pop with a bright shiny coat of nickel![/QUOTE

Are you aware of gatlinggunforum.com ? It's loaded with information on RGG guns and the multitude ofdrawing errors and weaknesses.
I too am bulding one. Bolts are done but I found them to be a PITA. I am contemplating doing another build in tamdem with the first. If I do I will deviate from the plans for the bolts as well as many other areas I have been unhappy with. I have already deviated from the plans on the initial build in some areas.
Ron

WOW!!!!!
i would not leave the range if i owned one of those sweet gats!!!!
superb work!:D
i would intentionally see if i could shoot the grooves out of them barrels, grinnin' from ear to ear the whole time!!!

Beautiful work, and the best part is you are doing it with your son. Thanks for sharing!

Where can I obtain plans and material list for 22RF and 45-70 Gatlin Gun?

I "need" to build one of these!

Back