Reversing the VFD

The foil seen just under the outer covering is the outer shielding. The single bare stranded wire at the top is in contact with the shielding foil, and is what you use to make your "ground" connection.

The solid color wire of each pair is your "signal" wire that you connect for each of your inputs ie., RUN, STOP, FWD/REV, and so on.
The striped wire of the same color is your "shield" wire that protects the signal wire from interference.
You connect the solid color wire between your control switches or buttons to the terminals on the VFD. (1-2-3-4-5 etc.)
Each of the striped wires and the bare shield wire get connected to the grounding terminal at the VFD only. You do NOT ground the other end of the striped/bare wires where they connect to your control switches/buttons. Just cut them off at that end.

p.s.
The "ground" for these connections is terminal "L" (right side) on your inverter - not the chassis ground terminal.

The amount of patience you guys show is amazing! Thanks so much.

I'll hit the depot, and see if I can get the wire that highpower is showing. If not, Ed, you'll hear from me.

Again, thanks.

It is now brick wall time. Using Ed's diagram, I hooked up my remote box. I have programmed the run, stop, and reverse functions. But the remote box does not work.
Following the notes on p 4-27 for 3-wire interface,

I programmed A002>01 to set the operation control to remote. When I did this, the keypad control no longer worked, so that should be correct.

I have connected the Run switch to terminal 3, and programmed C003>20
I have connected the Stop switch to terminal 4, and programmed C004>21
I have connected the Forward/Reverse switch to terminal 5, and programmed C005>22

Nothing works. I'm sure I missed something simple, but I don't know what. I have the potentiometer wired, but until the motor runs, I can't check it. (Side question: I did not ground the pot back to the terminal board, because I ran out of wires. Is that necessary?)

Thanks!

Ed,
My block does not say P24; it says PCS. But, yes, I have it wired. I went down to check it with the meter, and now I really feel lost. I have the (digital) meter set for V, and the range 00.00. So that should tell me if I have 24V going out, if I set the prongs on the PCS screw, and the L terminal screw, right? I see nothing on the meter. (Yes, the unit is plugged in.)

Thanks,
Mike

Instead of using the meter, just enter D005 and you will get a visual status of all your input signals.
See page 3 - 6 :)

It's done, and it works!

Many thanks to all of you, for your patience, tips, and insights.

Well, Ed....I knew that but typed your name anyway. Must have been tired. Apologies.

Back