Retirement

HomeMetalMan

Registered
Registered
Having on some forums mentioned earlier in the year that I would take a break from issuing further videos the pause has made me realise that it has come to the time to retire. However, the videos that I had already completed and intended to issue two at a time, I have now made them all public. They are a series I have called “Project for an Afternoon” a link here. http://www.homews.co.uk/page617a.html

Having made those comments, I just may add the occasional video or a few pages to my website, but do not see this as likely in the foreseeable future. The reason is that at the age of 84 I am finding tasks increasingly demanding, typically correspondence. I will though be pleased still to receive emails that I can answer simply, such as, “Thanks for your email” or, “That's a good idea, must try it some time”.

Could I please ask that you see the correspondence page on my website where there is more detail regarding the situation. http://www.homews.co.uk/page6.html

I will still view my website statistics though most forum only give the total number of visits which is of little use, only a small number give the page from which a link occurred and can then be followed up.

I would now like to give a big thank you to the very large number of home metalworkers, world wide, who have thanked me for my articles, books, website, and more recently, videos. Such has done much to help keep me going for some 25 years.

Thanks to you all.
Harold Hall

Seems like I'm always a day late and a dollar short... I just learned about you and your work and just purchased your book "Tool and Cutter Sharpening". I hope to make the grinding rest you have outlined in chapter 9. I'll most likely draw it up in Fusion 360 first and convert it to inches.

Thanks for your work and now that I know of you (and I just learned about your website from this post) I hope to read and learn a lot more about your work!

Ted

Harold, I have enjoyed and been inspired by your work over the years and I wish you well in retirement. I'll bet you won't stay out of the shop and hope to see the occasional project or two. Your body of work will instruct and benefit hobby machinists for many years to come. Enjoy your retirement, Harold!!

Mike

Thank You! I have seen many wonderful projects in your videos and on your web site. Best wishes as you relax and enjoy life!

Have fun in your retirement. I have a couple of books, and have looked at many of your projects.
As the site has much good information I hope it will be maintained for a while. Again good luck and have fun.

Harold, thank you for what you have given to this wonderful hobby; books, videos, your website, and your responses here and on other forums. You have been an inspiration to many. The best of luck to you in your retirement.

Man Harold, you have been such an inspiration for me, I've learned so much from your books, videos and the information on your Web page...
Thank you for all you have done to promote and advance this wonderful hobby

Rich

Back