Repair and Scraping class in PA, Who is interested?

My response seems to have gone astray, so I'll repost.

Rich, I made out the check today and it will go in the mail Monday. I think I'm #4 for the class.

My longer term goal is to scrape the dovetail table ways on my Bridgeport and possibly the dovetail ways on the top slide of my lathe.

I don't own any scrapers. What scraper(s) will I need for the class? Is there any particular scraper I'll need for dovetails on the Bridgeport and on the lathe? Where to buy hand scrapers?

You had mentioned having plans for hand scrapers. Could you post the plans here or point me to a previous thread where they were posted?

What type of vise should we bring to the class? Jamie had said a drill press vise. Is that really what we'll need? That must be for really small projects since I don't think mine opens more than 3 or 4".

The roller sounds like something you'd shop for at an art store. Is there any particular name or size roller that I could Google for, or is there a preferred place to buy the roller?

My project for the class will be an 18" straight edge. I bought one from Metal Lathe Accessories in Pine Grove Mills, PA 30 years ago and have been seasoning it ever since. (Read that - I intended to scrape this in when I got it, but life intervened.) It looks like an I beam with a square flange on the top and a flange with one angle on the opposite side. I'm not sure if Andy still sells these straight edges.

I will be sending emails out soon...I had hoped to do them tonight, but hopefully it will be tomorrow. I would prefer not correspond here on the questions, this is why Jamie and I do mass emails to everyone at the same time to a void multiple letters here and there. We have 6 so far I believe. Rich

We had 2 more sign up this past week for the Dec class. We need 1 more to make it happen and room for 1 to 2 more after that to fill the class. One of the students who signed up forgot to add his email address in his envelope. So if you signed up please PM me with your name and email address. Thanks. Rich

Gentlemen today our 8TH student signed up and paid his 1/2 down, so It is a GO on the Dec 13-15th Rebuilding and Scraping Seminar. I will begin to send you the DVD and manual for you to study. Watch for emails. Richard

Richard,
Do you teach any classes on the west coast? I am in Northern California, and would be interested in a class near by.
Thanks,
Ron

I had one in Oakland last spring...We will probably have one out there again in a couple of years. I can put you on the list or if anyone else near you wants to attend we can advertise for a class if you have the space I have the time :)
Rich

Back