Removing A Rusty Nut

Wow. I never would have thought of that. Thanks Nelson!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great idea! Thanks.

I had tried it in the past BUT I got the bolt very hot and at that time it did not work. I will try it like he did and see if it works.

Might even be easier to replace to the lighter with a lite candle. Trying to keep the lighter lite under the bolt looks like finger burning type stuff to me.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

THANKS! I have been doing a similar technique for most of my life but with a torch and penetrating oil. His wheel nuts didn’t look that rusty. I would suspect and like with all projects, that the amount of rust and damage can hamper that candle and wax idea. That’s when swearing comes in handy!…Dave

I had a garage (Tire something or other) strip four lug screws before they advised me they were so rusty they stripped. I asked them if they knew they were left hand screws, Of course not. never heard of that. They did replace all of them with right hand screws, and new nuts. Now I have three wheels with right hand screws and one left hand. Handy. Thanks Guys.
Four of them, was I steamed! Every one of them had an L stamped on the end, but of course they never looked. Thanks for letting me rant.

Was that an old Chrysler vehicle perhaps?

david

Back