Relocating my shop - advice wanted

If you don't mind me asking, what is the cost to rent the containers? Is the rental weekly, monthly? And do they charge by the mile for transporting from point A to point B? Do they have larger containers available to rent, too?

Yeah, I know, I could go the their website and look, too.

I'll help ya Ken.

https://www.pods.com/

If you don't mind me asking, what is the cost to rent the containers? Is the rental weekly, monthly? And do they charge by the mile for transporting from point A to point B? Do they have larger containers available to rent, too?

Yeah, I know, I could go the their website and look, too.
PODS has 7x7 foot, 8x12 foot and 8x16 foot containers, all 8' tall. The 12 footer is not available for long distance moves.

Down payment was $567, broken down into $317 delivery fee (might be based on mileage), $140 first month's rent, and $100 first month's insurance. Transportation to the Mesa warehouse will be $1485 (mileage only, as far as I can tell). Monthly storage will be $140 plus $50 insurance. Delivery in the Phoenix area will be $168. Taxes not included. Insurance coverage is $10K, but does not cover damage due to shifting contents (obviously my responsibility to load and secure stuff). Weight limits are hard to find on the website, but I saw somewhere that it's 4400 lbs. for any size box.

Yeah, the weight limit is a deal breaker. I could put my whole shop into a 8 x 16 foot container. But the weight would be somewhere north of 15,000 lbs. I may look into it when I get ready to make the move. It would be a intrastate move and under 400 miles. Pricing is not that bad for your move, provided what you take in account if you had to move the equipment on your own and get it there safely and pay for storage on the receiving end in a "store it as your own risk" facility. Thanks for the info. Ken

Back