Regrind centers?

thenrie

Active User
Registered
Is there a place where I can have centers reground? I saw a place recently on eBay that advertised that they would regrind your dead and live centers for $7 each. Now I can't find them. I have several I'd like to have reground.

I can't help you with the firm you're trying to locate but will say that anyone with a T&CG would be able to grind your centers.

I'd offer to do it myself for no charge but seeing as how my shop burned down I don't have a way to make that happen right now.

I'd consider posting this in the General forum for more exposure.

I believe the place you are looking for is called Miller Machine. I have seen ads where they do 7 dollar center grinds.

Install a good sturdy die grinder to your lathe compound tool holder and grind your live center cone to near perfection.

- - - Updated - - -

Install a good sturdy die grinder to your lathe compound tool holder and grind your center cone to near perfection.

Install a good sturdy die grinder to your lathe compound tool holder and grind your live center cone to near perfection.

I've thought about that. I have an electric die grinder as well as a Dremel. I wasn't sure whether a die grinder would hold tolerances well enough to grind an accurate center. I may give it a shot.

Meanwhile, I think I'll try to find the right Miller Machine (there are like a thousand of them) and get a couple ground for me.

Thanks for the responses.

I've thought about that. I have an electric die grinder as well as a Dremel. I wasn't sure whether a die grinder would hold tolerances well enough to grind an accurate center. I may give it a shot.

Meanwhile, I think I'll try to find the right Miller Machine (there are like a thousand of them) and get a couple ground for me.

Thanks for the responses.

Sorry about not being a bit more exact on the name

Miller machine and fabrication

Don't throw away your old
centers! We can regrind your worn and grooved centers to like
new condition!
Most Live Or Dead Centers
Can Be Reground For Just $7.00!

Back