Refurbished Albrecht Chuck

Surprman

Active User
Registered
image.jpeg I won an auction last weekend at the Cabin Fever Expo- a nice Albrecht chuck. I brought it home and checked the runout and it seemed high (0.007) so I decided to rebuild it. Getting it open was a chore, but when I did I found it was pretty dirty and the grease was pretty hard. I also noticed that it was missing a ball bearing (only 24 - instead of 25). I ordered some new balls from McMaster-Carr cleaned and regreased then reassembled. Runout is now <0.002.
Looking forward to putting it to good use.

Rick

A great tool hiding behind a small project.
Looks good, Congrats!
-brino

I have one I need to rebuild. It has a cracked hood, and someone has tried to braze it back together. Didn't work. I don't remember the model, but it's a larger chuck, 3/4" cap I think. McMaster sell individual parts? I have no idea what I will find when I tear it down.

Yours looks very nice. Good job.

Tony,

McMaster probably only has the ball bearings. You can probably get the hood through Royal Products? (Those parts are not cheap)
Rick

Surprman , if I send you these chucks what would you charge me to make them look as good as yours
:confused 3: I can get a good grip on them and they run true

image.jpeg Just kidding, that is a good looking Chuck you have there. I have several Albrecht's these two are the worst looking but they operate smoothly, tapers are good

Back