Recommended Places to purchase quality Carbide End Mills?

DAT510

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
What are people's favorite places to buy quality Carbide End Mills? I've looked at McMaster, MSC, and Shars..... Poking around on the web, I've found a number of other companies, but most of them I've never heard of, let alone know anything about their reputation.

All Industrial sells pretty good no name end mills. They frequently have them in lots of 4 , 5 or 10 on ebay at good prices with fast shipping. They do not in my experience have the high end hi helix, variable flute jobbies but their prices on conventional end mills is very good, especially the ones under 1/2" Here is an example
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-PCS-2-FL...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I find that when I need a good end mill, I can't find one for a good price but when I don't need it, they're all over the place. So, I've taken to watching ebay when I don't need end mills and buy what I often use but don't need at the moment ... does that make sense? Bottom line is I buy name brand end mills on ebay - Niagara Cutter, OSG, Brubaker, Melin, Regal, etc.

One caveat - do NOT buy used end mills and if you can, buy double ended ones.

Quite often, you can buy the off sized end mills for cheap. It may be 1/32" under what you want but they will still cut and you can widen the slot as needed. I use these to open or create a slot, then come in with an on-size end mill to finalize the cut. My on-size end mills last longer that way.

I do the same Mikey. I buy quality end mills for great prices when they come up on Ebay, all new and most are Niagara, Putnam, Brubaker,
DoAll, Melin, Guhring, and a few Cleveland. I find the Niagara cutters the best, they come in many flavors, unlike Guhring, which is a great carbide EM, Niagara makes them in HSS, cobalt and carbide. I will never buy used. There are some good deals on Ebay. You just have to watch and wait.
Prices go up and down on tooling, just like the stock market. End mill prices seem to be high right now. More demand? Anyway, check out Ebay and search Niagara end mills.

Dans_Discount_Tools on Ebay has a good selection of new carbide end mills and the prices are very fair. Good seller.

Last edited:
+1 on what Doubleeboy said. All Industrial Tools is my go-to store for cuttings tools. Since I got into CNC milling a few years ago I seem to go through more end mills than I used to. It's easier to accept that I just chipped or broke a $15 carbide end mill rather than a $40 one. Not to say the name brand end mills aren't better than the "house" brands but I do get acceptable results with the All Industrial cutters.

There's a 40% discount going on now at All Industrial Tool Supply today only.

Back